You may love a bit o’ rum now and then. You may celebrate certain special festivals or occasions with a nice glass of rum. You may add a bit of rum to your homemade holiday eggnog recipe. You may…well you know, when it comes to rum, the list goes on…
As you probably know, rum is an alcoholic drink that is prepared from sugarcane juice or molasses. It is produced by fermentation and is extensively produced and consumed worldwide. Rum is the first branded spirit ever been made. Various varieties of rum are produced and are available, and its color signifies its age. Rum is used in various cocktails like rum punch, rum and Coke, and many more. It is also used to ‘spice up’ desserts, ice cream, cakes and tea.
But did you know that rum isn’t just flavorful and tasty, it’s good for your health? Well it’s true, here are some of the surprising health benefits of rum …
1) Rum reduces anxiety: A single serving of 1.5 ounces is enough to reduce anxiety, calm you down and give you a good night’s sleep. You can add a bit of rum to your milk at bedtime for an absolutely sound sleep.
2) Rum can prevent the common cold: If you consume rum when you are suffering from the common cold, it can diminish the effect of the cold due to rum’s anti-microbial properties. Rum, in moderation can also prevent the onset of the common cold.
3) Rum fights muscle pain: Muscle pain, also known as intermittent claudication, can be alleviated by the consumption of rum in moderate quantities.
4) Rum is good for the heart: Rum can combat peripheral artery diseases. It can also restrict artery blockages and acts as a natural blood thinner. Rum also increases HDL cholesterol, which is the good cholesterol, and even heart attacks can be reduced by its consumption.
5) Rum may prevent or slow osteoporosis: Again, rum, in moderate quantities, increases the mineral density of bones. So it may slow or alleviate osteoarthritis.
6) Rum may slow or prevent Alzheimer’s disease: Rum in moderate quantities is quite good for the brain too! It’s believed to be able to slow or even halt the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, and may also slow down the onset of dementia.
7) Rum may help prevent cancer: If you consume rum in moderate quantities and combine it with a homemade remedy, such as Aloe Vera and honey, it may prevent cancer and thereby prolong your life.
8) Rum can prolong life: Drinking rum in moderate quantities can actually prolong your life, since it may prevent the onset of various life-threatening mental and physical diseases.
The key to realizing the health benefits of rum is to consume it in moderate quantities.
While there are several varieties of rum available around the world, some of the best varieties of rum are available at the SeaSpirits Distillery in Woodinville, Washington.
To the rum lover or connoisseur, SeaSpirits is one of the finest spirits you can find anywhere on the planet. This rum is aged in oak barrels, once used for fine craft bourbons. This creates a truly special flavor once reserved only for navel Admirals. This remarkable rum needs to be experienced to be truly appreciated.
So, now you know why you should be drinking rum in moderate quantities, or adding it to some of your favorite holiday or party recipes. So enjoy the flavorful taste a fine glass of SeaSpirits rum, and enjoy the many health benefits it brings.
Here’s a toast to good health with a bit o’ rum every once in a while…