Rum is that drink that never goes out of style. You can drink it all year round, including during the hot and steamy summer months by mixing it with other ingredients to create a scrumptious, smooth and cool drink.
You can be as creative as you like by using your very own special ingredients to mix with your favorite rum for a rousing recipe that will never go out of style. So let’s talk about what mixes well with rum…
1) Tonic water: You can add tonic water to well-aged rum to create a refreshing drink. You can use 1 part rum with 4 parts tonic water and a slice of lemon. You can fill a highball glass with ice cubes and add the rum and tonic water and shake well after you squeeze the lime wedge in. You can then garnish with a slice of lime. You can also use chilled tonic water for a refreshing summer drink.
2) Lime juice and a slice of lemon: You can add lime juice, mint, and sugar to rum to spice things up a bit. You can put the lime juice, mint, and sugar in a cocktail shaker and pound until roughly crushed. You should then add about 180 ml of a light rum to the shaker and shake until combined. Now strain the mixture into capacity glasses and place 2 lime wedges and 2 mint leaves in each glass. You can also add soda water to complete the drink.
3) Ginger ale and dry ginger: Ginger ale can be added to rum to create a simple yet delicious drink. You should add 1 part rum to 3 parts ginger ale and garnish with a wedge of lime. Add ice cubes for a cool summer drink. You can also create this drink with dry ginger.
4) Orange juice: A simple mix of fresh orange juice with a dark rum makes for a tasty recipe. You can drink this on your own or with friends. Simply fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Pour rum and orange juice into the glass. Garnish with an orange slice or twist. If you use 1 part rum, you should use about 2.5 parts of orange juice.
5) Coconut water: You can combine 2 ounces of rum and 2 to 4 ounces of fresh coconut water to create a refreshing drink. You can combine the rum and coconut water in a tall glass, shake well, and add ice cubes. You can add vanilla-toned rum for a recipe with an interesting twist.
6) Cranberry juice: Add about 1 part rum and about 2.5 parts of cranberry juice into a glass. Mix well and add a wedge of lime to garnish the drink. This drink works well during the summer months and can be accompanied by chips and potato wedges for an interesting culinary experience.
7) Grapefruit juice: You can combine about 2/3rd cup of fresh grapefruit juice to 1 tablespoon sugar, one-and-a-half tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 3 ounces light rum and chilled club soda for an invigorating drink. Add ice cubes after shaking well and you’re ready to roll!
These are just some of the ingredients you can add to rum to create interesting and original recipes. You can also try some other ingredients of your choice and create your very own rum recipes. At SeaSpirits Distillery, all our rum is handcrafted with precision and purpose.
SeaSpirits creates silver rum, spiced rum, coconut rum, and barrel-aged rum that are smooth, tasty and are a taste sensation for your palate.
You can enjoy the refreshing taste of SeaSpirits Rum by itself, or you can combine SeaSpirits rum with many ingredients to create many delicious drinks.
So, the next time you want to create an original rum recipe for a party or for that corporate mixer, try SeaSpirits rum mixed with the ingredients of your choice for an original and refreshing drink. Here’s a toast to world’s finest rum!